Sunday, April 09, 2006

Inch by inch, day by day

I checked my blog on a PC recently. On Explorer. And apparently it's all kinds of messed-up. So I'm sorry about that since most of you probably are on a PC and using explorer. I will be working on that, but my HTML skills are a little rusty so it may take a while.

Anyway, as the yarn diet marches on I picked-up this little addition to my library in the hope that it will enhance my stash busting.


Now, I know. It's like I'm going over to the dark side. But I swear some of these patterns are so cute! No to mention I've never really liked knitted purses. I'm hoping I'll like crochet more. Hopefully, sometime soon I'll have some crochet to share. I've always liked the way Debbie Stoller explains things so maybe I'll be able to figure this out. If not I have a couple friends who actually know how to crochet very well so I'll be hitting them up for the inevitable "the hook goes where?" questions.

In other news I've cast on for my April Project Spectrum project.


I'm using my miss-chosen SWTC Bamboo in Tequila. Here's a shot of the swatch. I know you're riveted.


I'm going for a very basic stash busting top. I should be able to hammer it out by the end of the month, but of course I said that about my unfinished Hearten and Phildar sweaters a month ago. When I didn't have a job, and two more days of class. So, we'll see.

Onto the new Knitty. Is it just me and my far to corporate/homogenized world that I think the way Cookie A. displays her designs is creepy? I really don't dig the disembodied mannequin leg. It icks me out so much I have a hard time focusing on her designs which is unfortunate since she has some really great ones. There are only a couple other patterns I think I'd maybe knit Tendrils and T-twist. To be honest I'm not even sure about those. I don't know. I just wasn't taken with any of them. But then Clapotis is the only knitty pattern I've used in the two years I've been checking the mag out. Fortunately, its not like Vogue Knitting and I don't have to pay for it.

4 Comments:

At April 10, 2006 8:19 AM, Blogger carrie said...

oh, i typed a long message but it disappeared. ugh. long comment short -- the book is great, and disembodied legs totally upset me. so we're on the same page.

 
At April 11, 2006 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The leg weirds me out, too. I had to work to concentrate on this last one. Ick.

You know, the dark side is tricksy - the 'cute patterns' are only the beginning...watch your back, grasshopper ;o)

 
At April 11, 2006 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i just orderd happy hooker today from amazon... i cannot wait to get it! i've heard only good things and you can't really top the name, right?!
I'm loving the color of your SWTC yarn, that is gonna knit up quite nicely i think.

 
At April 11, 2006 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not saying that crochet is the dark side, but it more often than not seems a little, fugly. But, I love Debbie Stoller so I am willing to keep an open mind.

As far as Knitty, I love the little girl sweater, Reid. I am also drawn to Anatolia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum