Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What did you do tonight?

Tonight I went out to dinner with two of my favorite people. My mom and my second eldest brother. I had one of the nicest evenings I've had since this whole boy thing went down. Part of this was that I got drunk and my mom and bro laughed at me. Plus, all that good life talking you do with those close to you. I feel so lucky that I have such great family. Be aware at some point they will be severely pissing me off and I'll be doing a lot of bitching, but that's how family is right? :)

Anyway, knitting! Here's a shot of almost everything I've got going right now. At least everything I'm really working on.



(Sorry about my photos. I never wanted to be a photographer. I faked it for a while in 8th grade, but I never really cared.)

Nicole and I got together to knit a bit and I finally finished the back to Hearten. When I got to the armhole shaping I started to realize just how long this sweater is going to be. But then I remembered that almost all of the sweaters I've knit recently have been cropped and too short for my taste, so what I thought would be a problem turns out to be a plus.

My Phildar sweater is coming along. That's the second sleeve there. Now just the two fronts, the collar, and the button band at the bottom and it'll be finished...why did I have to get a job? Oh right, money/career and such...

In the last couple days I've managed to get almost half way on my Mystery Project. The bright blue on the right. I'm hoping by the end of next week I'll have some shots of it on a dressform. Actually, calling it a mystery project is really a lot of bull since you can probably guess what it is. And if you can't well then the suspense continues! (This is where I'd be cursing me 'cause I can never guess things unless there in a movie). Ok, here's the ultimate hint. It starts with a U and ends with a Femme...I can't keep secrets that I really want to tell.


"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

Douglas Adams

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 11:12 PM, Blogger carrie said...

oh, that sounds like a wonderful night. my mom doesn't really appreciate when i get drunk, except on holidays when she's drinking too. (teee hee)

 
At April 09, 2006 4:59 PM, Blogger Laurel said...

I loved your comment about not wanting to be a photographer. I never had that teenage phase... I have no aptitude for it and I don't really care! I think we are a definite minority.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum