Monday, March 20, 2006

No stitch this time

No knitting to show for this week. The best laid plans, right? In knitting *related* news, I don't think I shared this, but I'm currently on a yarn diet. 20 days and no yarn purchases. For many of you this will seem like hardly any time at all, but for me this is quite a while to go. I was planning on only going for a month. But I was also going to finish the socks, Hearten and the Phildar jacket by the end of the month. Seems a little more than ambitious at this point. So I'm extending the diet another month. But since my retail habits can only be curtailed so much I purchased this book.


A gal named Terry commented on my blog a couple of times and suggested it in my quest to break the code on that brown Phildar sweater so many of us love. Thank you Terry for the heads up!

This book has everything. If anyone has any Danish/Estonian/French/German/Icelandic/Italian/Japanese/Norwegian/ Spanish/Swedish patterns, this book has your translations. It has two sections. The first is English into the other languages and the second the reverse. I bought it at the Yarn Market. I usually avoid this online shop since they are pretty overpriced, but it was one of the only places with this book in stock. Hopefully, sometime soon I will tackle that pattern. The only issue is I don't have any yarn for it so it'll be my first binge. Knit 'N' Tyme here I come!... in a month or so.

I hope everyone's week is off to good start!

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 4:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, sounds like the book will really help. Take a look at the blog, skinnyrabbitDOTCOM - she's like you, a design student and loves! Phildar. She may be able to help you if you become stuck on any Phildar patterns. I see Imagiknit in SF has some Phildar - one kid's pattern book and some cotton yarns. Look forward to some Phildar projects here:)

Terry in SF

 
At March 20, 2006 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about that book! I'm going to definitely nab that one. What a great addition to the ol' knitting collection.

Congrats on staying strong with your yarn diet... that's a tuff one!!!

 
At March 21, 2006 9:47 PM, Blogger carrie said...

20 days -- i'm so impressed! i dunno that i'd make it that long. i've had some bad spurges lately ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum