Monday, February 27, 2006

A mystery no more...and it should look familiar.

Here it is. The knit I didn't tell you I was making, except to attempt a bit of suspense by putting it in my sidebar and calling it "a mystery project" (you'll note there's a new one). My Rebecca Wrap Sweater with Eyelets:



Pattern: Wrap Sweater with Eyelets from Rebecca No 29
Yarn: hmmm, six (?) skeins of GGH Soft Kid
Color: #058
Needles: Addi turbos size 7
Size: 38"
Changes: I increased the back so that it would actually fit. And when I say I, I mean Wendy. Unfortunately, it was so long ago I don't remember how. The only other change is I didn't knit the one row of purls for the neckline.

I am very happy with the way this sweater turned out. I really like the stitch pattern though it is very simple. Once you get past the Rebeccaness of the pattern (there are a couple places where the numbers simply don't add up) its an easy knit.



I do feel this is a bit anticlimactic for a number of reasons however. Firstly, this sweater was started a year ago. In fact, it is the first sweater I ever started. Five sweaters later, I finally finished it. Secondly, this is another "I like it, but I won't wear it." Which is fine. I really just wanted this done and out of my UFO hat box. Plus, Wendy will stop giving me a hard time about it now :).

I dubbed last week the week of finishing, and now I have the fruits of my labor. I didn't get a chance to photograph everything on forms so more pictures are forthcoming. I do however have a shot of the finished Noro wrist warmers):



There's nothing very special about these wrist warmers, except that they don't match, but since they are for my mom while she is typing at home they just need to be functional.











She has long hands and fingers like I do so hopefully they'll fit. Even if they don't it'll be a quick fix. I got both of these from the one leftover ball from my Clapotis. I love using up extra skeins particularly when I love the yarn so much. Speaking of, have we all seen the new Silk Garden lite? It's DK weight and its really just a matter of time before you see a purchase here. It'll probably be green or blue too.

Nicole and I got together this weekend for a last push to finish a couple of projects. Check out her finished Vest Everest. It's very awesome.

I have to say getting all of that done and out of the way of new projects is great but a little...I don't know what the word is. Disconcerting? I feel like I need to get a few more projects on the needles since I am far from a monogamous knitter. New projects does mean that now I can tear into my stash, a good thing since I haven't stopped buy yarn and it's gotten even bigger.

Hope your week's off to a good start!

2 Comments:

At February 27, 2006 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your eyelet sweater looks terrific. Don't worry about taking a year. I have a Grace that has languished since the spring/summer of 2004.

Your mom will love the wristlets. Way to stash bust!

 
At February 27, 2006 9:52 PM, Blogger carrie said...

oh, i love that pattern! i think it looks great and will be totally wearable.

the wristlets are wonderful too. you're a finishing machine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum