Friday, March 03, 2006

A package! For Me?!


I have gone a bit nuts recently. I've been trying to find some Phildar patterns like mad. They just aren't distributed in the states. They are in French, but more and more they are being translated much the way Rebecca is. So, where are they known for speaking English and French? Yep, I got these from Canada. Knitntyme to be exact. Two have translations and the other I will attempt to translate using my very rusty French and my not so rusty dictionary.
And high up on the list of "to knit" are these two:




They are both gorgeous and I can't decide which I want more. I will most likely do the second one first since it's translated and I just want want want it. Plus, I have a yarn substitute with the same gauge in my stash already. It'll be a perfect sweater for San Francisco in July. But now I have to calm down since I've cast on for Hearten (two needle sizes smaller than called for to get gauge!). I still have a couple loose ends to tie up (literally) and my first pair of sock to finish. They're just simple all over rib but hopefully I'll be able to wear them soon.

Here's my progress in the sock arena:


As you can see I've just about gotten to the good stuff on both of them. I've never turned a heel or knit a gusset or whatever it is I'm about to do, but I'm excited. We'll see how successful I am. Fortunately, I've got friends in knitting places. :)

6 Comments:

At March 03, 2006 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, found you thru the STR blog - there are links re: french knitting terms and you can get Margaret Heathman's book of international knit terminology (forgot the exact title) that can help too.

Terry in SF

 
At March 03, 2006 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You MUST bring those books tomorrow!! I wish I could convey how exciting it was to see that photo. Also, did you join the STR blog?

 
At March 03, 2006 8:20 AM, Blogger carrie said...

ooh, those patterns are so lovely! my french is very rusty, but my mom is a teacher, so i feel as though i should be taking advantage of her more.

 
At March 04, 2006 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice choice of projects! I'm currently knitting the one on the top. (You've seen it on my blog, I think :-))

 
At March 05, 2006 9:13 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely Phildar sweaters - the brown one is just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing your adventures in French pattern knitting!

 
At March 11, 2006 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, I'm new to your blog via another rachel (circusknits). I'm the other zephyr gal...
I have been wanting and wanting to purchase some phildar mags for ages. I'm going to go to that link right now. I am crushing majorly on that top pattern - fluffa is knitting i tright now and I want it bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum