Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sooo not about knitting

I'm afraid I am about to completely transmute into one of those bloggers. For the record I have no problem with these bloggers (and I love my word of the day). The ones who say their running a knitting blog or a soccer blog or an underwater basket weaving blog and then they go ahead and talk about their lives. So, just to save you some time, if you're looking for knitting content check back next week. I swear I might actually knit something.

It's been a big week. I managed to get an internship that I am not at all looking forward to (it's a grunt job, but it fills an inch on the resume), to finished two more units in my design school and to tell one of my best friends I can't see him anymore. The latter, if you couldn't guess, is the topic from here on out.

I figured it was time to own up to how I *really* feel about him. There were reasons for the timing, but they aren't interesting. As I'm sure you can guess, he didn't feel the same. Of course I knew that. But I had to do it. Being all wrapped up in him is keeping me from finding someone who actually wants to be with me. And since I've been trying to get over him while being friends with him since I met him years ago, I finally accepted that it wasn't going to work. Beside all the ooey gooey feelings I have, I have to say, he is a really amazing person. He accepts people for who they are and is a great listener. He's also really fun to be with and is genuine in everything he does. I miss him already.

The guy who gave me the name for this blog was the one I called tonight after this very depressing evening. Poor boy I woke him up (he lives in New York). But then he called me in the middle of the night when his girlfriend dumped him so we're these kind of people. His response? "He's the one who blew it. You may have the whys now, but he's going to be the one with the what if in five years, not you." Its this kind of comment you need to hear at these moments. Whether they're true or not doesn't matter. Sometimes when life (or you) closes a door your friends climb in through the windows with margaritas. If you couldn't tell from this entry-from the very fact that I blogged about this. I've had a few.

So, to conclude :) here is one of my all time favorite quotes that suddenly feels applicable.

"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love." - Charlie Brown.



I swear my next entry will be about knitting. Oh, 27 days and counting.

3 Comments:

At March 27, 2006 6:31 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I've so been there. I love the Peanuts quote. :)

 
At March 27, 2006 9:03 AM, Blogger carrie said...

oh that sucks. it will get better, and it sounds like you made the right choice. thanks for the peanuts quote - so true.

 
At March 27, 2006 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can blog about anything. It helps to get things off our chest, your head, whatever.I think blogs that are JUST about knitting are DULL.

And if I may, it IS "his" loss.

I've been there, too. A long time ago, still. Realizing it is what it is and moving on is half the battle.

I think we all have a bit of Charlie Brown in us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum