Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Inevitable Slip-Up

What does one do with a wounded heart? Are you the type that sits at home feeling sorry and eating? Are you the type who throws yourself into work until you are so tired you can't feel anymore? Are you the "mature" type who gracefully accepts that things haven't worked out and soldiers on keeping the freak-out moments to alone/appropriate times? Or are you like me in that you do bits and pieces of all the above plus blow your yarn diet with an $90 purchase? I don't think I'm alone in this coping method.

Actually, I'm feeling much better about the whole thing and thank you to all of you who commented and emailed. It was very welcome support. But since I am the dramatic/slightly hysterical type a yarn purchase was necessary. I knit for relaxation so anything that adds to that is always a good choice. So, which yarn did I get? Duh! :) Rowan "Calmer."


10 skeins in Coffee Bean. This stuff is gorgeous. I'm working with Calmer in the Peacock color (not enough progress on Hearten to share) and I love its hand. This has been earmarked for the Loll Cardigan. Here's a shot of that in case you've missed it.


Now, I know that my "Up Next" list is getting a little more than long. But desperate times call for desperate measures. Actually, even just blue times call for a creamy, warm, coffee colored yarn. I'm not a hundred percent sold on Loll but it seems like everyone who's knit it enjoyed it and wears it. When I finally get to it I'll double check.

Despite the slip-up I am continuing my yarn diet. I've never been perfect in any kind of diet so if I can make it until the end of April without another slip I'm calling the whole thing a success. I'm off to knit some more. And by more I mean again since I haven't picked-up needles in well over a week!

Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

At March 31, 2006 8:16 AM, Blogger carrie said...

Blowing $90 on yarn is a healthier way to deal with heartache than what a lot of people do, right? I haven't seen Loll before, and it's definitely delightful.

 
At April 01, 2006 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you certainly deserve such nice yarn! You go! Terry

 
At April 01, 2006 10:04 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I completely relate - I always shop when I feel bad. I have been coveting that particular color of Calmer for a while - it will be gorgeous for Loll. Incidentally, I wear my Loll all the time - especially now that I put a zipper in front. Have fun with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum