Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flashing my stash


Apparently, today is Flash Your Stash day. I did this a few months ago but a couple of things have changed. Combine that with I love my yarn and I'm flashing again. This is a shot of what I refer to as my happy place. It's a useless window seat in my apartment that I couldn't figure out what to do with. So, I store all my yarn on it surrounded by pics of my loved ones. I love it (and I don't have to worry about sun bleaching since this window gets virtually no sunlight).



And here's the break down for anyone who's interested. Some of these shots look familiar because in the 4 mos since I took these pics I haven't knit up the projects yet.

Let's start with the new stuff.

4 balls of SWTC Bamboo in color Tequilla.


This was earmarked for a tank I was designing. I found though that it's not quite right for it so we'll see what it turns into.





Two hanks of Koigu KPM merino:


I bought this because it was love at first sight. Like so many of these things it may not turn out. Though I did get lucky when looking in IK Winter 05 and found a pattern I like that calls for Koigu. We'll see if I can make it work though since my feet are pretty big (10.5) and I'll have to modify the pattern a bit.




Two hanks of Lorna's Laces sock yarn in Pinstripe.



I haven't found a pattern for it but I'm sure I'll figure out something. This will most likely be the next "on the bus" project.







10 balls of Rowan Calmer in Coffee Bean



You already know all about this becoming Loll.









This Karabella Majestic will still eventually becoming Belle Epoque. I swear it will.







This Peruvian Baby Cashmere will be a Somewhat Cowl. Eventually.









This All Seasons Cotton and Soft Kid is up for the Ultra Femme. I think the reason this hasn't actually become an Ultra Femme is that I don't really care about this pattern. Or this yarn for that matter. It's basically that I have the perfect amount of the right kind of matching yarn, but I'd be lying if I said I was really excited about this.






Jacqueline has inspired me to put this back up for butterfly. I was planning on ditching this idea, but I do think it will be a fun, challenging pattern. And since I have 4 balls not 3 it's really the only pattern that I have enough but not too much yarn for.





I have more yarn rolling around in those big baskets, but no more projects waiting. A lot of it will sit there for a while waiting to be knit. Sadly, hoping as I walk over and pick up another ball of Calmer to finish my two sweaters. But then there may be hope for it. My Aurora 8 sat there for a year before I found my Phildar Jacket with the Wide Collar which I now can't put down. So all the neglected balls can have hope. Why do I feel like I'm not talking about yarn anymore?

Have a great week!

3 Comments:

At April 01, 2006 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all of this goodness. I'm so glad that i didn't participate in flash your stash - it seems that i have less than a fraction of yarn compared to the rest of the knitting world - i'm gonna have to work on that, i'm now experiencing stash envy!

 
At April 01, 2006 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What no rolling around in your stash? ;) I love, love, love that color of KSH.

 
At April 02, 2006 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum