Saturday, February 18, 2006

Some new shots of some old stuff

I finally took a few of my old projects into school because I wanted to photograph them on an actual dressform rather than just on my bed. And I have to say, seeing them on a form really makes me like all of them more. Sigh. I guess even in knitting I still visualize the clothes on the mannequin and not on myself. Fortunately, I now have dressforms at my disposal. Without further ado, and for the second time around...

My Minisweater from Glampyre.com.




Loosely based Rebecca "Cropped" sweater



Lelah from Craftster.org




Circular Shrug from Craftster.org



Admittedly, the photos aren't great. The sink in the background is all class. But the form does what it supposed to. It's best for the Circular Shrug I think since its hard to visualize the collar and body shape without the form. Though now that I look at it its not centered on the mannequin but there you are.

I've decided this is the week of finishing. As in all those things in my side bar that say "need seaming" and those wrist warmers I don't care about. All these things must get finished. They're holding me back in getting started on all the other projects in the side bar. Plus, my hat box with my UFOs wont close anymore. I'm off to knit a neck band... Have a great weekend!



3 Comments:

At February 19, 2006 1:36 PM, Blogger Tigers said...

Love the Circular Shrug.
Good luck with all the finishing.

 
At February 20, 2006 9:38 AM, Blogger carrie said...

damn, you have been busy! they all look great -- isn't craftster the best? goodluck with the finishing.

 
At February 22, 2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm drooling over all those projects...especially that Rebecca inspired cropped sweater. And I bet your dress form is the best dressed one in school. Hee hee!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum