Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I have a problem.

I swore I wouldn't. I really planned on sticking to my plan. Three finished projects and then I could buy yarn. Seems easy right? I've got Clapotis down. I'm so close on my Apricot Sweater. I'm getting along with my Orangina. But something got me last Friday. I couldn't help it. I'm an addict and eBay is an enabler. I bought yarn and a new pattern book.


Here's my list of excuses. First, I bought them from a British store which you would think with the exchange rate would be more expensive but no. I got the Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk 2 book and 9 balls of DB Alpaca Silk Dk including shipping from across the pond for about $60. So it was a deal. Second,... well it was really the deal that made me do it. But it is official that I'm not allowed back on eBay until I've gotten through this new purchase.

The real problem with this purchase isn't actually the time frame, since I really am very close to done and the shipping was much faster than expected. Its that I yet again bought blue/green or green/blue, depending on how you look at it, yarn. I was in that manic "it's a great deal and I love that color" swirl of an expiring Buy It Now phenom. But if I were to magically knit up all the projects in my stash I would have at least five new blue or green sweaters. Then again, you should knit what you love, right?

2 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you can acknowledge your problem! It is a good deal though, where'd you get it? :)

 
At February 14, 2006 7:54 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I have this book too - and it's a great purchase. So many lovely sweaters. Which one are you going to do? And sounds like you got a great bargain on the yarn - which is a beautiful color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum