Tuesday, February 14, 2006

So close...and yet

Have you seen Nanny Mcphee? It's great. It's an awesome kids film. One I think parents might enjoy too. Well, maybe not enjoy, but definitely tolerate. It is pretty sweet but then I'd watch Emma Thompson read the Patriot Act so I'm a little biased. And Mr. Darcy. How could I forget him. And yes I know that isn't Colin Firth's real name and it's not even his name in this movie. But I'm afraid he will always be Mark Darcy to me. I just love happy movies with a little obvious romance tossed in. Predictability only puts me off in movies that are supposed to be suspenseful....Oh knitting. Right. You'd be here for knitting not movie reviews....well I have some right here as a matter of fact:






The pieces of my Apricot are complete. Unfortunately, I've never seamed a set in sleeve. So, I've got my trusty Vogue Knitting and I'm trying to work it out. For some reason though I just can't get it to look right. I've gotten to the point with this sweater where I'm so frustrated I'm just going to put it down for a day or two and then try again. If I can't get it to work I'm going to hit up Wendy for a little help. She's my (and quite a few other people's) knitting doctor.

In reality, (read not my head) this pattern is pretty easy once you get past what I like to call the Rebeccaness of it. Some of the instructions are not very clear and I had to go on a bit of intuition with it. It turns out my intuition is as dyslexic as the rest of me and I did it backwards. Remember when looking at a chart that you are knitting from right to left and should read the chart accordingly. In the end I've knit almost this entire sweater twice. I still want to finish it though which lets me know just how much I like it. I feel like it's one I'll actually wear so all the frustration is worth it.

Here are the buttons I found for it. I think they're a pretty good match.


Sorry for the fuzzy pic. I'm never going to be a photographer.

In other knitting news my Orangina is coming along. I've also just started the Simple Wrap from Debbie Bliss Alpaca Two because of course almost finishing a project is grounds for starting another.



I've also sent the hats off to their new owners. I think they're pretty happy with them. It's always nice to give gifts that are appreciated. I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day. It's a holiday I usually hate not because I'm bitter, which I am, but because it seems too commercial, too much pressure, too many expectations. But I actually had a fabulous non-v-day related evening with one of my oldest friends. Yep, my best Valentine's dayin a really long time. Hope yours was excellent.

1 Comments:

At February 18, 2006 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cardigan is going to be beautiful. Lovely choice of buttons for it, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum