Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What's this? Some call it progress. Others, procrastination.

I am supposed to be sewing. Really, I need to be sewing. I have a few projects due in class on Thursday but I just can't get back into the swing of things. Ah, well. It means tomorrow will be crazy. Thank god for knitting though because I have something to show after watching copious amounts of reality TV.

So can you guess what this enormous swatch is?



Yep. I'm making a Clapotis. I know this is uninteresting to read about since the four people who read this blog have actually already knit it or didn't knit it because it was a little below their skills. But I'm giving it a go. Unfortunately, at some point I fell out of love with the colors in this Silk Garden. It could be, as Nicole pointed out to me, that I like greens and blues and perhaps I have burnt out on them for a bit.

I think my mom will like it or I can find some one else to give it to. Then again I may hide it in my closet, find it three months from now and love it all over again. I do like the pattern. Very simple and straight forward. I love patterns where you get into the groove of them and no longer have to refer back. I think I would find this is a more common occurrence if I would finish projects within a month of starting them.

The second, more circular, swatch in that picture is the start to my Katrina Rib in Merino style "Moss."



I'm enjoying this pattern and the yarn is very nice. I guess I'm just in a blah mood about most of my projects. My Somewhat Cowl is about two inches along and I can't seem to make myself work on it. I can't even blame this funk thing on the weather as it's been pretty beautiful here, especially for January. Is there an "eh" knitting bug going around?

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2006 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful colorway on that Silk Garden! The Clapotis appeals, but not enough to do all that stockinette. It might be time for a knitting machine!

 
At January 17, 2006 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one of the most interesting colorways I've seen in a Silk Garden. Very nice!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum