Friday, January 27, 2006

I don't even know what "meme" stands for

So, Nicole over at Big Sister tagged me for a meme and I'm all excited. I know for those of you who have had blogs for a while this probably has gotten old. But for those of us newbies it's still fun. At least it is for me. These are the four gals it's gone through before me.

Emy's blah blah blah blog
Purls Beyond Price, KimberliNY
Unraveling, Cordeliaknits
Big Sister
The Hot Brunette

What were you doing 10 years ago?

In January of 1996, I was a freshman in high school. My first school with gasp!...boys.

What were you doing 5 years ago? (I added this one cause it's when my life got mildly interesting)

In January of 2001, I was a sophomore in college and living in Eugene, OR. I was living with my then best friend and a couple of other people. The rent on my room was $285.00 (less than my brothers parking place in downtown SF). I was falling in love for the first time with a guy who would turn out not to be worth it. But it was probably the happiest time in my life thus far. See, that's why I had to share :)

What were you doing 1 year ago?

In January of 2005, I was moving out of a terrible living situation I had created with the help of Craigslist.org into what would turn out to be a worse one( I live alone now :). I had been working at a yarn store for about three months and had already realized I didn't want to stay there much longer. I was missing London and trying to figure out what to do next. I was also planning on applying to the design school I'm in now.

What were you doing 1 hour ago?

Trying to finish this damn ruched pinstripped skirt.

List five creative things you want to achieve this year:

Graduate from design school
Design my own knitting pattern....and write it out so that someone else could knit it too.
Read the fifty books sitting next to my bed
Take up West Coast Swing again
Perfect the designs for my shoe line.... Oooh, maybe even get production going. I just got all tingly.

List five snacks you enjoy:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate
Toasted sourdough bread with cheddar cheese
Gummy Bears
Swedish Fish

um, I like sweets.

List five things you would do if money were no object:

Buy a house in San Francisco, New York and Lake Como
Start my own line (once I graduate!)
Go to racing school
Buy a movie theater and charge $1.50 admission for everyone
Subsidize a tax benefit for the oil companies that start changing their production over to sustainable and earth friendly energy resources.

List five bad habits:

Eating without thinking
Looking obsessively at online yarn stores and blogs
Yelling at other drivers while in my car...my friends tell me this is pretty amusing.
Being generally messy
My celebrity obsession (fortunately this is dying out)

List five things you like doing:

Knitting (try to contain your shock)
Dancing
Chatting/ bitching with my girlfriends
Sleeping
Shopping


List five favorite gadgets:

My iPod
My Sewing machine
My powerbook
My bitchin' iron
My cellphone

Name one thing you like about yourself:

My sense of humor and my ability to parallel park with one hand while on my cell phone. I know that's two but the second is just so good.

I haven't been at this game very long so I don't know who's already been tagged and who hasn't. So, I'm going to try an experiment. I'm going to tag people tomorrow. If you haven't been tagged yet, and want to be, leave me a comment. But since I think most people will feel weird about that I'll have to do a little investigating. Still, if you want to be tagged speak up!

In current knitting news I've started my Apricot Sweater. Actually, I've finished the back. So far it's a great knit. Oh and I figured out what to do with my leftovers from Clapotis. Oh, wouldn't you like to know. :) Pictures this weekend!

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2006 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the newpspaper business, we consider Craig and his "list" the enemy, since they steal our classified revenue. I am not happy to hear Craigslist caused you to find a bad living situation, but that dude needs to monitor better!

I have been blogging two years and still feel like a newbie. It gets better. I think.

I want to know more about apricot sweater!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum