Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Day 2

This morning I realized that in order to work with my lace I needed to change my base pattern. I was planning on the seam for the waist falling at my natural waist. But the way the lace falls across the bodice you would see this random line underneath it. It would be distracting and it would look like a beginners mistake. So! I moved it up. The base dress is now a Empire line but the only seams visible, once the lace is in place, will be the side seams. I realize this is all pretty dry particularly since my camera batteries died today while I was at school so I have no pictures. As it is we haven't really learned any new techniques yet.

Tomorrow we have a double session of hand sewing techniques. The one hand technique (other than basting) I know I am going to be using for this dress is tacking the lace onto the charmuse. I'm pretty sure I know how to do this, but chances are there is a different or just improved way to do it.

I do have one picture for you this evening. These are the smaller all black motifs in the "less dramatic" portion of the lace.



I am going to be placing these around the skirt with little leaves of the black tulle sprouting off them. I know it sounds funky and it is, but in a good way. I swear.

I'm really sorry my photos aren't a little more compelling. Tomorrow I'll try to get some in natural light and I'll let you see the lovely brown of the dress. Ooo! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum