Sunday, November 13, 2005

I call it a sleeve


I finally finished one sleeve on my Sweater with a Wide Collar. It's a little hard to make out since it's a dark navy color. I love navy mainly because it turns my pasty white skin a little bit creamy white (this is what I'm telling myself).

I knit the ribbing on it flat and then connected it in the round when I got to the stockinet portion. I don't know what it is about tons of purls, but the thought of it just puts me off. I've heard a few people say they enjoy purling more than knitting. I smiled politely at this one particular woman and backed away before I berated her.

One of my friends recently discussed her dislike of endless rows of purls and since she's the one who taught me how to knit I blame her for the predicament. I do just about everything I can in the round now. In fact I've started on the body of the sweater and am doing it in the round. Not because of the purling (its a rib stitch no way around purling) but because I also hate seaming. Particularly on dark mohair knit on size 5 needles. This probably makes me a lazy knitter, but then again could a knitter really be that lazy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum