Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Some old (finally finished) business

So I haven't been knitting anything I have posted about. With the Holiday I think I just got lazy with everything. But I did finish-up some of the projects I had lying around. One is a One Skein Wonder:



Pattern: One Skein Wonder
Yarn: 3 Balls Aurora 8
Color: 137 Blue Heather
Needles: Addi turbos size 7
Size: 19 inch shoulders
Changes: I swapped the ribbing around the body for more seed stitch. Ribbing that boarded is meant to pull in a bit so I picked up a few less stitches to off set that.




The second is the Minisweater from Glampyre.



Pattern: Minisweater
Yarn: 4 Balls Debbie Bliss Cotton Angora
Color: Dark Teal 07
Needles: Addi turbos size 9
Size: Large
Changes: It's a really fast pattern that I adjusted only slightly. The pattern calls for puffy sleeves which I omitted and it's supposed to be a bit shorter. Plus, I have it overlapping in the front where the button is. That was one of those happy mistakes I really like.



I love this yarn but I would say if I were to knit this again I would use a pure wool. The drape of this yarn is lovely, but it doesn't hold the shape of the sweater well. In fact I'll probably frog it for something else later on. But it was a good pattern to try.


The color on these two isn't nearly as close as these pictures make it seem. Though I do love tealy-blues. Part of it is the lighting and part of it is my new bedspead I can't help but talk about. I love it! It's the biggest splurge I've made in my new apartment. Thank God it was on sale. It actually makes me excited to make my bed!

2 Comments:

At December 01, 2005 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Glampyre projects! My Minisweater does has that overlap, too. It works for me since I don't have quite the bosom to fill it out.

 
At December 03, 2005 12:52 AM, Blogger Vanessa Vain said...

Thanks! I love your beer cozies! They are so cute.
Wendy and I gave them a shot at one point, but
starting from the top...huh. You'd think between the
two of us we would have thought of that! Thanks for
the pattern :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum