Saturday, June 10, 2006

When it rains...

I had to post this tonight since I posted the saga of the boy who was a friend and who didn't want to be a boyfriend. So, I've been a little down about men for a while. A little cut off. More of my own doing than anything else. But this past weekend with the wedding fixed all that. I flirted shamelessly with the single boys and was generally just myself. And how fun it was. When I left Utah I left the new boys, but kept the reminder that I'm fun and I like boys and they like me.

But today I got a call from one of the guys from this weekend saying he really enjoyed hanging out with me and would I mind if we tried to get to know each other better. Mind? Really, how cute is that? It probably won't work but what the hell, he's a goodlooking sweetie who thinks I'm pretty and interesting and has been thinking about me all week. I'm a big believer in savoring compliments. Not getting arrogant and full of yourself, but enough to boost you up when your down. I was just savoring this feeling when I turned my cellphone on this evening. Clockwork, people. Clockwork.

There was a message from the boy-not-friend. He just wanted me to know that he'd done some "thinking" and that he wanted to get together and "talk." Unfortunately, to paraphrase one of my all time favorite movies, Swingers, they only come back when you're over them. Ah well. I'm sure he just wants to be friends again, but it really doesn't matter. I'll call him eventually, but I really think I'm done. Funny how life always work this way isn't it?

My knitting news is not very interesting, but I did make some progress on Ms. Marigold today while knitting with Nicole. The next pics I post will be finals! It'll probably be a week, but I'll make it. And maybe I'll have some boy stories.

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2006 3:26 PM, Blogger carrie said...

how cool! i'm glad you had fun and met someone interesting. of course you did -- you're the hot brunette! i say go for it.

 
At June 12, 2006 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Maude L. (snerk), I just finished the bottom of my Ms. Marigold today - can't wait to finish mine, and see yours - I think we're both using Cotton Fleece, yes?

Good on you for meeting someone fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Wont You Comment? California Knit Bloggers Project Spectrum